Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Alaskan Beauty!



What a amazing day! Only in Alaska can one enjoy endless everychanging beauty just ripe for the camera lens at every angle. This morning I awoke to find my last photo post on this blog being featured on KTUU news in Anchorage. Thanks team, glad you liked it as much as I did!


At Ocean Vista, the little subdivision on Cook Inlet, this fireweed caught my eye out of the millions that twinkled in the sun. They started blooming about a month ago and are now headed "south". The old Alaska sourdough saying is "when the fireweed blooms at the top, snow is 6 weeks away. Hard to believe on a 70* day like today, but sadly for some, probally not far from the truth.


Most people around this neck of the woods are busy harvesting the bounty of wild fish, clams, vegtables and natural herbs that grow wild in abdunace. I know I am getting my fair share. The fireweed blooms make excellent "fireweed honey". Camomile grows wild everywhere along with red clover and both make plenty tasty tea after a good hanging dry. Way better than what you can get in the store.


I did get some fishing in today at Deep Creek for Silver Salmon, the word is out and the fishermen are showing up. I put my rod down and picked up the camera, shot videos for people and traded for plenty of fish. Now that is the way to do it. Stuffed myself with hour old Silver Salmon for dinner and made a lot of new friends.


Looks like sunset is coming on and who knows what goodness AlASKA will bring in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment